LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jeelani   29 January 2016

Parents name miss spelled in birth certificate

Dear sir, My self jeelani basha, in my birth certificate my parents name were miss spelled, there is much difference between my academic records (TC) and my birth certificate, I want to correct those name. Am not getting right way to get it done, Request you to please help in this

Learning

9 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     29 January 2016

Apply for name correction application in your local municipal office.

Mukesh sharma (job )     29 January 2016

you apply for name correction  application in your city local register office they ask some document about you parents name  and correct your name 

Abdul (NA)     15 March 2016

Hello,

Can anyone advise me, how can I change my mothers name completely in DOB certificate ?

My passport application is on hold due to this. I dont understand which legal way i need to approach for getting this done.

Help me friends !!

Mukesh sharma (job )     16 March 2016

hi you need to first give application to your local register and give some document with proof they change your mother name in DOB if only your mother name difference in DOB than you do this you also give some paper by attested local gadgted officer  you get help those document

Abdul (NA)     19 March 2016

Thanks Mukesh for the quick reply. I Appreciate your help.

I have 2 questions in mind on which can you please reply. That would really help me a lot

Question 1 : I was just going through 1969 birth act, and it seems to be that we Cannot change the complete name in DOB (only spelling mistakes can be corrected). Do you think I should be able to change mothers name in my DOB by following your approach eventhough the act doesnt permit ?

Question 2 : I have following documents, Can you confirm if these are sufficient to carry along and approach local registrar in municipal office ?

(1) Gazette Notification about the correction of mothers name

(2) Adv in 2 Local language and 2 English language newspapers

(3) Affidavit

(4) Mothers Passport

(5) Mothers Marriage Certificate

(6) Mothers PAN Card

(7) Ration Card

Please answer the above questions which will assist me in getting DOB ceritificate at earliest

Thanks

Abdul

Mukesh sharma (job )     21 March 2016

hi abdul as per your reply i have never seen this in birth and death act 1969 we can't change our name only change name spalling if you check this than plz send me coz its out of my knowledge 

second you ask me about document you bring  any two of them you mention in your document list show as proof your  local register office its help you  to change name 

thanks 

mukesh

Mukesh sharma (job )     21 March 2016

hi abdul as per your reply i have never seen this in birth and death act 1969 we can't change our name only change name spalling if you check this than plz send me coz its out of my knowledge 

second you ask me about document you bring  any two of them you mention in your document list show as proof your  local register office its help you  to change name 

thanks 

mukesh

1 Like

Abdul (NA)     01 April 2016

Hi Mukesh,

Sorry for the late reply. I was out of town.

I thoroughly gone through 1969 birth & death act, and you are CORRECT

We can change names on birth certificate after consulting local registrar with required documents.

Below is section 15 in this act which explains the legal way to make corrections.

Correction or cancellation of entry in the register of births and deaths:
15. If it is proved to the satisfaction of the Registrar that any entry of a birth or death in any register kept by him under this Act is erroneous in form or substance, or has been fraudulently or improperly made, he may, subject to such rules as may be made by the State Government with respect to the conditions on which and the circumstances in which such entries may be corrected or cancelled, correct the error or cancel the entry by suitable entry in the margin, without any alteration of the original entry, and shall sign the marginal entry and add there-to the date of the correction or cancellation.

Thanks Mukesh for guiding me.

Mukesh sharma (job )     01 April 2016

HI abdul its not a problem you change your parents name on documents easily no worry 

thanks 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register