LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mr. khan   03 April 2022

Parents and children - inherited property

Can parents ask their children to return the property and money they gave it to them, if the child is not taking care of parents in their old age ??


 2 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     03 April 2022

Yes, under sec 23 of Maintainancr and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizen Act 2007, parents ( above 60 years of age ) can claim back the property which they had gifted to their children in case childrrn does not care to parents

1 Like

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     03 April 2022

The Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act, 2007 was enacted to provide financial security, welfare and protection for senior citizens. It requires children to provide maintenance for their parents, and the government to provide old age homes and ensure medical care for senior citizens.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register