LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anam   12 April 2024

Pagdi system property

My father owns a shop and home in a building which operates in pagdi system format. Both the property is on rent. My father has passed away, how can I get the property transferred on my name? The pagdi owner is asking for a hefty amount to do the needful, is this legally ok to pay him the amount he is asking for to get the property transferred?


 2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     12 April 2024

As a legal heir to your father you can inherit the pagdi system rented premises.However the other legal heirs have to express NOC for getting the property trnsferred to your name.

You can issue a legal notice to the landlord to  transfer the rental agreement to your name failing which you can approch court for remedy

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     12 April 2024

To my best, the landlord has a right to transfer the property to the legal heirs if he wishes on some terms/conditions and otherwise, he can sell it to anyone.  So deal with it amicably.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register