LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kartik Narayan (Service)     15 December 2013

Pagdi flat in mumbai

My parents stay in a flat under the pagdi system since 1974 in Mumbai. Over the years, the building has not been maintained by the landlord and my parents wish to move out of the flat. Questions:

a) If my parents move into another flat (keeping the pagdi flat furnished as it is), can the landlord forcibly break-in to the pagdi flat and change the lock thereby barring their entry in future? 

b) In case we wish to relinquish our tenancy rights, are we entitled to compensation?

The builder has not been accepting rent / giving rent receipts for the last few years although we have acknowledgments of all cheques sent by registered post.


Requesting for an early response. 


 1 Replies

2BHelpfull (Other)     15 December 2013

check ur pm inbox

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register