Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sunder Sunder (Famer )     01 July 2021

Ownership transfer from son to father

I have bought the land in my sons name as he is going abroad he would like to transfer the title deed to my name.  As I am his own father is there a way to transfer the tittle deed of the land without spending money on registration ? 

 3 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     01 July 2021


Your son can execute the gift deed in your favour. For registration of gift deed minimum stamp duty is payable in Maharashtra the stamp duty is Rs. 500/-. 

Shubham Bhardwaj (Practice)     01 July 2021

Dear Mr Surender, 

I completely agree with my learned advocate brother Mr Shirish Pawar. Although stamp duty for all States is different but almost all the States have kept stamp duty rates for gift deed between blood relation very nominal ranging from Rs 100 to Rs 1000. Some States have also exempted the same. Thus, your son can execute gift deed in your favour. 


Shubham Bhardwaj (Advocate)

District & Session Court, Chandigarh

Punjab & Haryana High Court, at Chandigarh.  


Disclaimer:- The opinion is only for guidance. 

Sunder Sunder (Famer )     01 July 2021

Thank you for your inputs We are based in Tamilnadu 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query