Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anandhakrishnan   01 December 2021

Ownership of the fixed deposit


My elder sisters are no more and their children are living abroad.My mother who raised them is now living with me after demise of my father.My father has left some fixed deposits to my mother.

I wish to know as per law,who will be the legal owner of those fixed deposits after my mother.



 4 Replies

Anaita Vas   01 December 2021

If your mother names you as the nominee, you will be the legal owner of the fixed deposits. If she does not, you and your elder sisters will both get the legal ownership of the FD.



Anaita Vas



Shashi Dhara   01 December 2021

She has right to nominee you and she has to draft will infaour of u also.

Anandhakrishnan   02 December 2021


I wish to know who are the legal heirs of my mother.

It is to be noted that my elder sistes are no more and I am the only living son for my mother.

Shashi Dhara   02 December 2021

If she dies interstate you  ur sisters children's will get share ,so insist ur mother to make will infAour of you ,so ur sister children cannot claim any share.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query