LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul Sindhva   27 March 2022

Ownership of self-made house on father's property.

I had constructed a house on my father's land presently the ownership of that house is on my father's name.

now I want to change ownership to my name what to do?


 3 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     27 March 2022

Your father has to execute registered gift deed in favour of you then you will become absolute owner of property.

1 Like

G Krishna Rao (Advocate)     27 March 2022

You did not mention that about your father whether he is alie or not.  If he is alive you can ask him to execute a gift deed if it is his self acquired property or if it is anestral you can discuss with all the family members and get no objection or relinquishment deed in your favour

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     28 March 2022

Construction of house do not entitle you to get the title transferred in your name.

Get a transfer deed executed by your father for his self acquired property.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register