LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Piyush Varshney   28 March 2019

owner not returning token money

I have gave an advance token of 23000 to house owner but later we realize that the house is very small and hence didn't move into it. when I asked owner to cut money for cleaning etc. and return the remaining amount. he has refused to return the money. can you please suggest how I can deal with this situation.

Learning

6 Replies

Sayantan Misra   29 March 2019

was there any agreement with the owner that any token money paid will be non-refundable, or anything like that?

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     29 March 2019

Is there any evidence that you have paid token money to the owner of the house ?

Piyush Varshney   29 March 2019

yes, I have done IMPS and have a reference for the money transfer

Piyush Varshney   29 March 2019

there is no agreement as it was initial token to keep the house until I sign the agreement. I should have not transferred this big amount but...

Shashi Dhara   29 March 2019

U issue legal notice thru advocate .if he comes to compromise compromise. Advocate may charge 500to750rs to issue legal notice. U loose that much money only.

P. Venu (Advocate)     30 March 2019

You can serve a legal notice; other than that, further steps towards a civil action is unlikely to be any gain.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register