LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anitha (Manager)     02 November 2014

Owner not allowing me to vacate the house

Hello, It’s related to the Owner who rented the house; we have rented a house in Bangalore, 2012. There are basic problems in the house which we came to know after stepping in to the house and rental agreement was made for 11 months

We have constantly reminding owner verbally to get the necessary repairs done and problem faced by us. Owner mentioned that they will get it repaired but till now owner didn’t get it repaired.

In 2013 (after 11months) owner asked me to hike the rent of the house. I mentioned it’s not possible because I am already paying higher rent compared in that area and also requested to address the problems in the house. Owner agreed for continuation with same rent (no hike in rent) and mentioned that rental agreement is not required as there is no hike in rent.

In the month June 2014 owner asked me to hike the rent and to come up with rental agreement. As I observed owner never gets the necessary repairs done. So I included required repairs point in the draft rental agreement that to be carried out in the house and after repairs are done properly then I am ready to pay the revised rent. The draft rental agreement was sent to owner through email.

Owner called back and mentioned that, they cannot accept the rental agreement and ordered to vacate the house with a condition saying that I can vacate the house only when a new tenant is ready to occupy the house.

They are constantly harassing me to be available at any time to show the house to aspiring tenant but for me it is difficult as me and my husband is working. Still I am trying at accommodate whenever it is possible or asking aspiring tenant to come when I am available. I am feeling it is a security threat to show the house to aspiring tenant.

Recently owner came back to me very rudely and threatened to pay the revised rent or you vacate house next day itself. I approached police but there is no help.

Can I request your help how to handle this situation? I am paying rent every month and owner is holding my deposit. I want to vacate the house with deposit.

Thanks you, Anitha

Learning

1 Replies

BHANU RASPUTRA (ADVOCATE & SOLICITOR divyatta.r@gmail.com)     04 November 2014

pay all rent and leave place without informing owner . or appoint advocate 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register