Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gnanasekaran   30 September 2015

Owner is not returning my security deposit

Hello,

I was staying in an apartment for about 1.5 yrs. Now I vocated the house. but my owner is not returning my security deposit. I have given Rs.60000 security deposit and he is claiming that the paining and repairing charges are abour 58888. so he can only return rest. Please help me how to get my money back? Some questions,

What is the normal painting charges as per law?

what is the notice period a tenent suppose to give prior to vocate this house as per law?

The owner is giving some fake bills that some of the items are replaced in house and i went checked it is not replaced. So they are submitting fake bills.

Also they given bill of Rs. 1200 to buy acid to clean the house. 1 ltr of acid is 60 rs. do we really need 20 ltr of acid to clean 1000 sqt house?

Please advice and give some direction how to fight against this cheating house owner. 

I really need some ones help. Please.

Learning

2 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     30 September 2015

did the owner make any leave and licence agreement with you.if so look into the terms regarding notice period, clause regarding painting etc.since he is demanding excessive amount as painting charge and producing forged bills etc take the issue to the rent controller

if not you are not bound to paint the house, no notice period needs to be given from your side and all.if you have any proof for giving money with that you can file a recovery suit.

Adv. Sagar R. Jadhav (Proprietor)     30 September 2015

You can send legal notice to the landlord asking your deposite amount with him.

There will be no notice period if there is no agreement.

No amount specified in the law but it can be decided mutally.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register