LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Overnight visitation

Hi experts,

Wife deserted husband without lawful reason,

Can husband get overnight visitation rights on alternate weekends for his 3 years old daughter.

Pls Reply



 5 Replies

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     08 July 2013

you can claim but if it is granted only if other party is agreeing for that and if court think it is appropriate to give then only court will grant overnight visitation 

1 Like

Have a Heart Foundation (Sales & Mktng)     08 July 2013

Initially courts may grant interim visitation for few months or a year depending on the case to case basis and how well you persue your matter, gradually the access could be increased and overnight access can also be granted by courts.

Kindly find herewith "Child Access & Custody Guidelines" approved by Hon.Bombay High Court for your kind perusal.

Attached File : 370957836 child access & custody guidelines- book.pdf downloaded: 116 times
2 Like


@ Suresh A

Thank you very much for your advise

I have gone through the guidelines drawn by Bombay high court about child access.

My question is, Is it that easy to get overnight visitation for non custodial father for alternate weekend from friday to sunday?

Pls reply

Thank u.

Waiting for replies

Satya Guru (Manager Tech.)     14 July 2013

I am in a worse situation as this gentleman... I cant download the file, can someone repost?

My daughter is 18 yrs old, wife is staying with her parents for last 6 months & she is not allowing me to meet my daughter for any length even during the day. But I think she doesnt want a divorce either, neither do I if we can reconcile. She is just too angry to discuss & seek any reconciliation right now.  What can I do to not be too harsh on her but try to at least get legal visitation / meeting rights to my daughter?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads