Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bharti Sharma (Assistant Manager)     01 November 2019

Overlap of some days of employment

Hi,

I have worked for almost 13 years and started with an organization in 2007.

Below is the start and end dates of the organizations.  

1. ABC Co.- 12th February 2007 to 30th March 2010
  2. XYZ Co.- 25th March 2010 to 28th February 2015
  3. ATZ Co.- 2nd March 2015 to 31st October 2019

When I resigned from ABC, I have asked them to relieve me by 20th March 2010, but they did not agree and stick to 30th March 2010.

I have requested the XYZ, to extend the joining date as I was not able to get relieved from ABC, XYZ asked me to join as they would never need the relieving. I therefore joined the 2nd company which was XYZ on 25th March 2010. ABC adjusted those days with the leave balance that I had with ABC.

I did not face any issues while I worked for ATZ also. However, I have now got an opportunity to again work with ABC.

Will there be any issues of the days from 25th March to 30th March 2010? Please advise.

Regards

Bharti

Learning

4 Replies

Sb Karma   02 November 2019

Originally posted by : Bharti Sharma
Hi,

I have worked for almost 13 years and started with an organization in 2007.

Below is the start and end dates of the organizations.  

ABC Co.- 12th February 2007 to 30th March 2010
XYZ Co.- 25th March 2010 to 28th February 2015
ATZ Co.- 2nd March 2015 to 31st October 2019

When I resigned from ABC, I have asked them to relieve me by 20th March 2010, but they did not agree and stick to 30th March 2010.

I have requested the XYZ, to extend the joining date as I was not able to get relieved from ABC, XYZ asked me to join as they would never need the relieving. I therefore joined the 2nd company which was XYZ on 25th March 2010. ABC adjusted those days with the leave balance that I had with ABC.

I did not face any issues while I worked for ATZ also. However, I have now got an opportunity to again work with ABC.

Will there be any issues of the days from 25th March to 30th March 2010? Please advise.

Regards

Bharti

Not at all

Just keep your backup with reason,if in future you need to explain.

You can support your answer with follow---

You exit ABC Co. on 20th(but they add your remaining leaves with full pay to 30th) and you join XYZ Co. on 25th.

But the big question is you don't need any explaination of ABC in future.....if future required your experience then give XYZ and ATZ experience time only.

By the way congratulation to go to ABC againyes

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     02 November 2019

If there were any issues in 2010, you should have never been appointed by your past employer ABC once again in 2019.  Except serious frauds like cheating, misappropriation, these minor violations of leave etc., are never taken into account by employers.

Bharti Sharma (Assistant Manager)     02 November 2019

Thank you. My joining date to join ABC again is 30-12-2019. In case there are any issues raised by the organization... What could be the penalty and resolution around the same. Since I am joining the same organization which relieved me on 30-03-2010 and I had already joined XYZ on 25-04-2010. I was not aware of the dual employment kind of details at that point of time. Now with the time and experience I have got to know the same. Please advise. Regards Bharti

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     02 November 2019

Those may be your simple apprehensions without fundamental strength, members cannot guide on fears and apprehensions.  When you face the issue, come back to the same post and inform the facts and then seek guidance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register