LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sayed Maqsood Ahmed   02 May 2023

our Society’s resident drinking and smoking gangw

in our housing society some young guys are drinking liquor and smoking ganja. i complained to society manager but his replies are very formal i even told him ther are few people who drink and smoke ganja down in building at late nights but he was like yes they do so what to do i know people smoke ganja and all there.

Suggest what action must I take

thanks in advance for your immediate action

Best regards

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     02 May 2023

You can take action if you are personally troubled and hurt by the residents who smoke and drink in their residence. If you are aggrieved by their activities, you should quote the reasons for your grievances and inform thaem that you will resort to legal action if they don't stop their such undesirable activities in public place. .

You cannot restrict somebody's freedom. Until and unless they don't create any public nuisance you cannot take any action against them.

If they are outsiders but sit inside the copound of the assocaition complex and create ruckus or problems for the residents of the complex then you can very well approach the police to take action as per law against the elements which create pronblems. 

Sayed Maqsood Ahmed   02 May 2023

Dear Sir 

Many thanks for your quick response.

Yesterday night these  unknown drinkers damaged my bike seat cover with cigarette . There's no cctv on 1st floor where I reside 

Kindly advice legal option

Best regards 

P. Venu (Advocate)     02 May 2023

In such issues, the residents need to join together and seek remedial action from the Society management and/or the authorities. The grievance ought to be based on substantial grounds. Mere wild allegation would not suffice; this could even make the issues complicated.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register