IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sayed Maqsood Ahmed   28 September 2022

our MC of society asking for contributions

dear learned advocates

I am having a flat in a society.
There is a water leakage under the podium ie basement of my flat which is outside area of my building.

my society says that they need around Rs 20 lakhs to rectify this defect and they are short of funds. I am paying around Rs.40000 yearly as maintenance charges to the society. There are around 5 buildings In our society. Each building had around 22 floors and 4 flats on each floor.

To carry out the repair work although it is outside my building the MC is asking the owners of my building to contribute 50% percent towards the repair charges. Can the Mc force us to contribute. I suggested MC to take a loan from bank to fix this repair. but they replied who will repay the loan

kindly apprise me with your valuable opinion as per the MCHS act if the Mc can force me to contribute for the job. kindly quote some section of the MCHS act.

thanks in advance
Best rwhstds


 0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads
Follow us Course law

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query