Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

WHATSAPP 91-8075113965 (advocate)     20 May 2014

Other source of income for juniour lawyers

Sirs and Madam,

Now-a-days, practicing as a lawyer , at the subordinate courts alone, is not an easy task .The number of law colleges in every nooks and corners has increased, resulting in the enormous increase of junior lawyers in every bar , every year.... which in turn , results in the cut throat competition among the junior lawyers, which ultimately compels every junior lawyer to adopt all sorts of malpractices , such as touting ( appointing agents to canvass cases ) etc. this is the present scenario in district courts in almost all area. the position in high court is little better as the number of lawyers is comparatively less.
so, here, if a person is thorough with the legal provisions, but does not have touts and agents to canvass cases, he will not succeed.

so here, my question is to know what are the other source of income for a junior lawyer online or otherwise , apart from practicing at the district courts ?

what is LPO ( legal processing outsourcing ) ?
whether any specialized course has to be undergone for it ?

Is there any websites which pay for writing essays online ?

what are the procedure to be adopted , if a lawyer has written book on law and if he intends to publish it ?
which are the the major law books publishing companies in india ?

AND, finally, please mention, any other sources of income for junior lawyers, which you people think proper, online or otherwise. 

expecting a detailed answer, sirs and madam,

thanking you sirs, and madam,

SALIL KUMAR
ADVOCATE
DISTRICT COURT
THALASSERY

Learning

3 Replies

pranav thakkar, b.com, LLM, CS (na)     21 May 2014

Sir you have mixed various things at one go.. if one joins LPO than he will not b able to do practise as per professional code of conduct. Secondly unless junior lawyer gives 3-5 years in lowr court he must not comein direct dealing with clients. I habe seen LLM working with senior advocate in mere 5000/-, but this will pay in later years. For extra income or other source of income one must take road towards teaching. May it b a part time faculty or working for few hours at tuition classes because this is keep you in touch with the field of law. Thirdly, as junior lawyers do not have much work initially one should explore short term courses which will diversify the field. For example i have done LLB and CS. To diversify i have done LLM in criminal, which has open lot of avenues besides working only as a lawyer. I can advice criminal side angle, corporate side angle due to cs degree and also assist in routine corporate affairs.. I may be reached at pranavdthakkar@gmail.com

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 May 2014

The views  expressed by you are very genuine and prevalent facts. All your questions have answers.  Browse the internet with your choices, you will find many paths opening.  Being an advocate you should be capable enough to find the great avenues open for you at least revenue wise.

M.S.R.Murty ( Manager (Admn))     22 May 2014

Dear Mr.Salilkumar,

Such competition existed in every field.  finding of extra sources is reasonable.  You may kindly go through the website of  www.nls.ac.in for law faculty and additional qualification courses.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register