Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Krishna Kunwar   01 February 2017

Ot and shift changes

Hi all,

I am working in a lead generation company in pune. My alloted shift time is 9 hrs. However, thrice in a week I have been made to stay for 1 hour extra for mandate OT without any pay. Further, they also changes shift midweek. An example of that is my shift started at 7pm evening. Manager came and asked to leave at 1:30 am (midnight) and report to work at 11am morning. Midweek shift change is something which has a great impact on my health as I tend to get disturbed sleep. I just want to know if there is any that supports this?

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     01 February 2017

This is purely your decision either to work with dissent or search  alternate  job suitable to your requirements from a philathropic enterprise..  Either you have to work or some one has to work in your place, and such type of adjustments / compromises are needed in private jobs.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 February 2017

From the language of your post it is guessed that it is some IT/ITeS/BPO/KPO/Call center company.

Such company in Pune shall be covered by Bombay Shops and Establishments Act.

Make a gentle request to the Manager and resolve.

Download the instruction to work extra for 1 hour, and attendance record.

If OT is applicable it should have been paid.

If there is NO record the demand for OT may be brushed aside by claiming that stayed on your own and completed pending work.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 February 2017

Another Perspective: Try to build rapport with Boss and cross floors.

Or such matters should preferably be taken up thru IT-ITeS/ employees’/trade unions, Works Committee, Grievance Redressal Committee (Grievance Redressal Committee as notified and framed in Karnataka for IT/ITeS companies) .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register