original title deeds lost by bank

My father has taken home loan from sbi bank in 2007 and repayment full amount in 2011 but the title deeds were not released by the bank.they said that we are tracing it. Now they are saying that the sale deed is misplaced by them and has provided in written to me.I had obtain certified copies from sro office but I can't sell the flat in future as no bank give loan on certified copies. so now how much compensation can I demand to them according to law?

Advocate

Certified copy has the same affect as of original. You can claim damages as you think proper.

Retired employee.

File for compensation of Rs.19 lakhs so that you can argue in person and attend in local district consumer forum.   Before fililng complaint in District consumer forum, it is mandatory to issue a notice under CP Act.  Once you get the notice issued through advocate with all relevant facts of consideration, deficiency of services, you can personally argue the case (As there is nothing to be argueed, as loss of title deeds is nto being disputed by Bank) and the expenses may not be more than Rs.500/- in all excluding the nominal Complaint fee.

FIN

You could have asked the Bank in writing under proper acknowledgment to release advt in newspapers, lodge FIR and get the documents recreated.

Obtain declaration given by bank by email/letter under provisions of RTI also.

FIN

You may pursue the recourses suggested by Mr. G.L.N. Prasad.

FIN

Why to repeat..............?

FIN

Approach your own very able LOCAL senior counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in such/banking/civil matters and having successful track record.

G.L.N. PRASAD Sir,If I demand compensation above 20 lacs,I can argue personally or I have to consult an advocate? Also I had read somewhere that we can demand compensation of double the market value and Rs 100 per day of kelay charges. Is it true? What is the possibilities of compensation

G.L.N. PRASAD Sir,If I demand compensation above 20 lacs,I can argue personally or I have to consult an advocate? Also I had read somewhere that we can demand compensation of double the market value and Rs 100 per day of kelay charges. Is it true? What is the possibilities of compensation

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum

LAWyersclubindia Menu

CrPC MASTERCLASS     |    x