LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ria Gupta   14 January 2022

Original sale deed missing from registrar office

My original sale deed was registered in the year 1989. I have original parcha. The registrar said after thorough search it is not found in the office. It may be misplaced because it was generated long back. The party can go for reconstruction of deed. What should I do. Please suggest an reply for this

Learning

5 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     14 January 2022

The Registrar shall search his office record room and give you the certified copy.  As he replied it was generated, you can apply online or through mee-Seva center. There is no scope for redrafting the deed (reconstruction deed).

Ria Gupta   14 January 2022

Sir, Thank you for replying. I want original sale deed not certified copy. What so I reply after thos that he initiate searching in office again. Am I entitled to get original deed registered long back 33 years approx.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     15 January 2022

The concerned purchaser is bound to take delivery of sale within the prescribed period, and for a sale deed of 1989, demanding an original sale deed in 2021 appears not tenable.  Contact Registrar for alternate remedy as there is negligence by the purchaser.

Archana Pandey   15 January 2022

You can file writ petition in the high court regarding not furnishing the copy of the sale deed by the Registar along with reply given by the Registar in writing. The non returning of the document depicts deficiency of service and is unfair trade of practices. This action will sure help you to get original deed. For more detail, please visit following case relates to yours.

For case reference - NCDRC | ICICI Bank misplaced original Sale Deed of customer; District Forum’s decision of compensation and reconstruction of sale deed — Upheld

P. Venu (Advocate)     15 January 2022

The facts posted are strange. The Registrar is not the custodian of the Orginal deed. You may get a certified copy of the deed through the prescribed procedure.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register