LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Options when ai

Is it possible to get into an agreement with the husband about the custody of the child while still married?

He seems to have lot of problems and in case of separation in future, I would like to avoid custody problems and would like to get into an agreement now. I would like to progress on child bearing only if we are fine with the agreement. Otherwise, maybe the better option is to apply for divorce and go for sperm donor instead.

Are such agreements legal and valid? how to make them? (If it helps, this is my second marriage, his first marriage, I am well educated and settled with properties. He is unemployed, uneducated , , no salary. we are both 43, 44 years old)

Learning

7 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     24 October 2022

Is this not a repeated query, may be, in another form and style?

(Guest)

I posted another one with a different set of queries. Havent really got an opinion there either.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     24 October 2022

Yes. This is a repeated query.  Did you get a divorce from your first husband, if so when? And when did your second marriage done?  When you are well-educated and well-settled, how did you marry an uneducated and unemployed person?

(Guest)

I think thats a plain nonsensical question to ask why someone married anyone, irrespective of education or employment.

BUt to give benefit of doubt, I am in 40s and for men in that age group, his health was good, so I married him. And no dowry demands either as I am strictly against it.

If you have an answer to the queries , please respond. Dont question the marriage itself. 

Its ok to say you dont know.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     25 October 2022

Any agreement with spouse qua custody of child is neither valid, maintainable, nor it may be executed.

It is advisable to consult a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts and professional advise.

However, comments on the opinion of experts is not appreciated, if you are seeking an obligation.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     25 October 2022

Guest, it is more important to know whether you are divorced or not to form an opinion. If you clarify my doubts on your query a proper reply will be given by some of the experts. so it is not a nonsensical reply. ok bye.

R.K Nanda (Advocate)     27 October 2022

better option is to get divorce by MCD and then go for sperm donor.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More