IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj Sakaria   07 March 2023

Open space

Can a co-op hsg. Society in Mumbai, give permission and allow members to have personal wedding functions in open space compound of the building with unbearable loudspeaker and installling tent for lunch and dinner, and allowing cooking of food by caterers, causing nusiance and danger of fire, especially for the lower floor apartments. If not then what under what sections can i lodge a complaint with the local police or issue them a legal notice for a stay on such activities. Kindly advise.


 2 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     08 March 2023

Did you approach Managing Committee of the CHS ? If so, what is the action / reaction ?

Move to State Registrar Cooperative Societies impleading the MC assailing such policy of the CHS, if any.

You may move to local police and institute a suit for permanent and mandatory injunction through a local prudent lawyer for creating nuisance during such function, if allowed by MC..

Raj Sakaria   08 March 2023

Thanks for your response Sir. Had approached the managing committee also to stop the nusiance, but the committee members themselves are the ones who are holding such functions. Had complained to police control room also. But they just came on a round and gave a warning and left. The function continued as usual. I am looking for a permanent legal solution to this problem, where the committee is not allowed to give any such permissions and if violated then the committee members should face strict legal action.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query