LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Parameswar   01 August 2018

Open plot without pattadar passbook

I want to buy an open plot so one mediator showed me plot and when I ask for pattadar pass book and title deed of the landlord he is telling that as this agriculture land has been layout long back and he doesn't have contact number/information of the actual agricultural landowner. But this plot has been purchased by X person and then he did GPA to Y. Now the issue is with mediator/broker, he is telling that Y doesn't have these docs and when I ask for Pahanis he is telling the same that owner (person Y) doesn't have pahanis but you can get it from the municipality. I have a doubt that shall I proceed and purchase or not?

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 August 2018

'Buyer Beware' applies to property deals.

It shall be appropriate to get proper legal opinion from a very able LOCAL senior counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in revenue/property/civil/DRT matters and well versed with LOCAL applicable rules/laws and having successful track record…. and worth his/her salt , before signing or making payment.

This may cost some FEE but can defend long term interest and hard earned monies.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 August 2018

Don’t pay or sign until you get proper written legal opinion and title is clear and marketable.

Anil Upadhyay (Lawyer)     02 August 2018

it seems that you are in trap

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register