LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mahesh Nandani (Marketing Consultant)     06 November 2014

Online travel portal makemytrip

Dear Experts, I had booked a hotel to GOA through MAKEMYTRIP.COM The property was shown as FIVE star property on the travel portal. Subsequently I learned that other travel portals of international repute showed the same property as FOUR Star. I lodged the complaint with MAKEMYTRIP.COM as they have mentioned "What is shown is delivered" or else money back guarantee. I substantiated my claim with the proof, they did few communications with the last communication mentioning that they have approached the concerned hotel to give clarification on the subject matter. My submission to this reported communication was that the STAR category is being conferred by MINISTRY OF TOURISM OF INDIA. I gave them the list of FIVE star hotels in GOA as per the records of the Ministry. NOW they have stopped communicating or responding to my communications. Please opine.

Learning

2 Replies

Satyadarshi Kunal (advocate)     06 November 2014

Send them a notice under consumer protection Act through your attorney. If they still choose not to respond then file a complaint against them immediately.

Regards

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 November 2014

You can send the a notice and if relief is not provided pull them to DCDRF. You can also lodge complaint with ministry.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register