LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh pujari (ENGINEER)     22 December 2020

Online transaction by friend

Sir, my friend used my credit card for online transaction with my knowledge and billing address is him only...now he is not paying the Bill.. can I proceed legally please help r

Learning

1 Replies

Ishita Desai   31 December 2020

Originally posted by : Rajesh pujari
Sir, my friend used my credit card for online transaction with my knowledge and billing address is him only...now he is not paying the Bill.. can I proceed legally please help r

Hi,

This is a pure matter of breach of trust. However, a breach of trust always relates to someone's property. To a certain extend, your credit card is your property. But, you cannot file a case under this section. 

So, here are a few things you can do. 

Do you have any proof wherein somebody has witnessed this transaction happen? Or else, do you have any written proof that your friend has agreed to? 

If yes, that can act as proof. If not, you might want to go to the bank and clarify that this is not a purchase that you made. The billing address is your friend's. Maybe that can act as proof.

However, I might as well say that there is not much that you can do. You might have to forgo the money. Try taking the help of a professional lawyer if it is a large amount. If not, then sadly you might have to let it go.

Hope this helps you out!

Regards,

Ish*ta Desai

Law Student

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register