Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Navin Arya (Administrative Head)     08 July 2014

Online business transactions are covered under consumer prot

Online business transactions are covered under Consumer Protection Act

July 7, 2014

1. All business transaction by consumers, whether online or otherwise, is covered under Consumer Protection Act, 1986 and complainants can approach various Consumer Fora i.e. District Consumer Forum, State Commission and National Commission for resolution of their grievances. However, there is no separate mechanism for addressing grievances relating to online business under the Consumer Protection Act, 1986.

2. This information was given by the Minister of State for Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Shri Raosaheb Patil Danve in a written reply in Lok Sabha today.

Source: PIB

Learning

1 Replies

Shivesh Sinha (Legal Adviser)     08 July 2014

Dear Mr. Navin Arya !

Thanks for your post on such an important issue ! Let me share about facts of a case / dispute cropped up by the Online Transaction by a Consumer and which is being solved under the shelter of the C.P.Act, 1986 through my website : www.powertoconsumer.in

Said website is launched by me in Free service to all Consumers by empowering them with Consumer Rights and by providing appropriate legal advises / assistance to take up their disputes / issues within legal frame of said Act, 1986.

Please read the said story by linking : https://www.powertoconsumer.in/blog/2014/07/consumer-is-truly-the-king/

It is true that still a specific Law related with e-commerce is urgently required to be promulgated, but even then it has bindings of different prevailing laws, like IPC, CPAct etc.

Thanks

SHIVESH SINHA,

Advocate Cum Legal Adviser to www.powertoconsumer.in

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register