Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prabu   22 June 2022

Oneeyed person

Dear sir, 

As per MORTH notification one eyed person is eligible to get driving license in india if provided medical certificate. 

In my case the medical board was issued certificate as eligible to get licence.( attached copy of certificate)

While appearing the RTO office the still declining to issue LLR they had some additional tests and asked for wait some time.. 

RTO instructed to drive vichle without issuing LLR 

As per my understanding after issuing the LLR provided some time time learn driving with help of driving schools 

But here not following this procedure RTO directly asked us to drive.

Please help me on this .. how to proceed further.. if medical board issues certificate eligible to get drive a LMV. RtO have any rights to check about my medical condition.?




 1 Replies

Mahi Manchanda   24 June 2022


One eyed person can apply for grant of driving license as per Section 9 of Motor Vehicles Act 1988.

They cannot refuse your application for learner's license since you have submitted all the required documents and are medically fit to drive with one eye. You can complain to a higher officer in the department about the same.

If they stil refuse to issue you a learner's license you can take legal action and file a writ petition in the high court.

As per the case of Mrs. Lalitha Srinivasan vs Joint Commissioner For Transport, the petitioner was denied learners license because of her monocular vision. The court held that if the person is able to drive with one eye and is able to read the motor car number plate at a distance of 25 meters in good day light, his application may be considered for grant of driving license. The court was pleased to set aside a similar endorsement rejecting the application for grant of license and held that the authority has failed to consider the Declaration in Form-B and the stipulation therein.

I hope this answers your question.

Have a good day!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query