LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

HomeBuyer   23 May 2023

Old lost document asked in section 91

What if document asked in Section 91 is so old that it is not present or lost ? Would the noticee in that case be held responsible ? 


 7 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     24 May 2023

Section 91 of which Act / law has been referred ??

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     24 May 2023

Yes, better clarify the query.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 May 2023

If the records are not available then from where you can produce them and submit before court, just appear before court and explain that they are not traceable.


2 Like

HomeBuyer   24 May 2023

CrPC Section 91

Niharika Lohan   24 May 2023

Hi Homebuyer, I’m Adv. Niharika and here is my opinion your your question.

It is natural that some times the documents become so old that they get misplaced and the Court of Law is reasonable enough to understand the happening of such event.

In my opinion, you should appear before the court on the said date and then file an application regarding the non availability of the said document. Additionally, you can verbally explain to the Judge the reasons for the absence of such documents. In most circumstances, the court will exempt you if it finds your reason valid and prudent.

Im attaching the link of an article for your convenient reading upon the same matter.

I hope this resolves your query, for further information you can contact me at niharikalohan@yahoo.com


HomeBuyer   24 May 2023

Hi Niharika,

I do not see the link attached. Can you share the link ? 

Niharika Lohan   25 May 2023

Apologies for the inconvenience sir, here is the link.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register