LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hemant   12 January 2016

Old employer showing salary paid even after resignation.trac

Dear All, I would like to take your valuable advice on below things. I am a software engineer. In Year 2005, I was working on contract for a Pune based software company. My duration in the company was only 3 months. After that I have been working with most reputed IT companies. I was just looking at my form 26AS(TDC traces on govt website). I was surprised to see on 26AS for financial year 2008 to 2011, the above company , in which i was working only for 3 months , is showing salary paid to me and deducting the TDS. If I was not working for them in year 2008 to 2011, why the entry is shown in 26AS? Is that company is trying to save tax? What legal action shall I take? Please guide me. Thanks, Hemant

Learning

5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 January 2016

Don load the copies and issue notice to past employer  by attaching downloaded copies and copy of your contract, resination and its acceptance and demand to supply you the corrected Form16.

Hemant   12 January 2016

I was not working for them after 2005. What is point in asking Form 16. Can they change past traces on form 26AS?

Hemant   12 January 2016

I was not working for them after 2005. What is point in asking Form 16. Can they change past traces on form 26AS?

jyotirmaya behera (advocate)     17 January 2016

There is a time limit for everything. In your case you are claiming for the period of 2008 to 2011. Law does not permit you. you should take stapes within 1 year from the occurrence. But now you can not 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 January 2016

You have come to know now.

You can write to both employer and ITO-TDS, CIT-TDS

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register