LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepak Vasudevan (Tech Architect)     27 June 2011

Old Company PF Number

Can some one help me with a reliable PF consultant? I would need to get the PF number to which PF has been credited from my previous organization. The said organization is no more. The pay-slips do not have this information tagged.

I have tried talking with the PF PRO. He gave the information to the section.But for some reason the section person is asking me to come 15 days later and again 15 days later. Their telephone numbers are not answered as well. He is not even telling his name. 'Why do you want my name?' Looks like he is 'expecting something?'


 9 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 June 2011

Please post the name of place of PF office. Some forum member may be able to refer.

To help one acquaintance PF office was contacted, and the staff of RPFC said same thing. This is probably PF office is under the preview of RTI. But they helped to resolve the pending matter and issue got resolved.

You can speak to the RPFC, PIO, CPIO, and seek their help or raise RTI application.

If you can contact some old colleague or person in accounts, HR handling Pf, your issue may get resolved.

sudalaimuthu, (Advocate and Tax Consultant     09 October 2011


   Since your erstwhile organisation was under the coverage of EPF Act. hence you can continue the same code for your company also after substituting the present name of the company. You can sent representation to concerned territorial office. Under RTI Act you can get the status of the representation. otherwise you can approach the territorial head of the EPFO

Kishen Srinivasan (Self)     16 May 2014

I am also facing the same issue like Deepak Vasudevan.

I want to know the PF number to which my PF has been credited from my previous organization. The organization was acquired by another organization. And I am not able to contact anyone from the previous organization or the new organization. The pay-slips do not have the PF account number.

I have raised grievances with the concerned PF office to provide my PF account number (I gave details like, date-of-joining, date-of-leaving, employee-id), but they are in turn aksing for PF account (why will I ask for my PF account number if I knew it).

The PF account is >12 years old.

PF office: Pune (Maharashtra)

Name of the previous organization: Kanbay Software (India) Pvt Ltd, Pune

Establishment code: 31643 (don;t know for sure, since this is the same as the the company which acquired Kanbay)

Name of the organization which acquired Kanbay: Capgemini India Pvt. Ltd

Establishment code: 31643

Any information in this regard will greately help.


Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 May 2014

@ Deepak Vasudevan


you said


"section person is asking me to come 15 days later and again 15 days later. Their telephone numbers are not answered as well. He is not even telling his name. 'Why do you want my name?'"


This is a typical bribe extracting tactic.  If you go through a consultant for this petty job the bribe rate may escalate.



Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 May 2014

@ Deepak Vasudevan

You just want to know whether you had any PF No and if so whether there is any deposit and if so how much.


You can raise RTI query.  In this query you can also seek the name of the dealing clerk/headcler/APFC of both cash and compliance section dealing with this company.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 May 2014

@ Kishen Srinivesan


You can also try the same.

Sarath Chandra Reddy Mallela (Functional Consultant)     06 November 2014

Hello Everyone,


Can you please help me and let me know if there is any way out to find the EPF account number with just the name of the person and the company of person had worked in.The person i mentioned is myself. I was working with some XYZ company during 2008 and 2009 and resigned after some 10 months and later changed to some other job, but so far never cared for the previous EPF number.Now i really need that EPF number which i opened in 2008.So please tell me the procedure to find the EPF number.

Thanks for your help in advance


Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     07 November 2014

Just ask EPF Office.  If they do not respond file RTI.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 November 2014

The employer has to supply the PF number and PF A/V slips of each year to all employees and has to attest the PF forms. Demand the same from employer in writing under proper acknowledgement and/or submit forms and demand acknowledgement issued by PF office to be supplied to you thru Redg. Post.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads