Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tipsy (importer)     12 July 2008

Officialy Engagement broken, but married to same girl by running

     My Friend son came from USA and officially got engaged, but engagement was broken in two days , now boy and girl were chatting on email and girl from inida told boy from USA , come to India and we will run and get married and that happened in Bandra court, Now girl has a passport to fly to USA , Now what can be hindrance foresighted from girl side ? What Precaution to be taken? Any Idea


 3 Replies

Guest (n/a)     12 July 2008

With side of girl they should have legally mature person. Secondary she should have the visa not only passport. and Girl must have to know that the boy is also mature in legally.

She has full rights to do the marriage in indian legal.

jayachandran (legal)     13 July 2008

mere engagement will not help in getting a visa in American embassy. A marriage -certificate issued by Registrar alone will be a document of proof of marriage. Without which, the girl cannot get a valid visa.mere holding of passport is of no use

podicheti.srinivas (advocate/legal consultant)     14 July 2008

the girl  and boy has to  get married as per their customs and as per their traditiond thereafter the marriage has to be registered before the registrar and a certificate has to be obtained to that effect .then only she  can claim herself legally as his wife.then only she can fly away to the place of her husband as per law .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register