IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

JT Rajasuriya, Chennai (Advocate 98410 53790)     04 January 2011

Official Legal opinion

Dear Friends,

                  Can some of you enlighten on the procedure to get an official legal opinion. Let me elaborate.

One of my clients, settled abroad requires an authoritative version of  a provision of the Family Courts Act,1984 Sc.19(2) viz. `no appeal lies against divorce order obtained by mutual consent'. Though this provision could be seen thro' various publications - what is required is a certified letter/ statement/ declaration to that effect from the appropriate govt. authority.

                I had consulted the HC Registrar General who directed me to the Government Pleader who in turn refused to give such opinion.

                Can anyone suggest who is the correct authority to be contacted to obtain such an official legal opinion.


 2 Replies

Democratic Indian (n/a)     04 January 2011

Obtain a certified copy of Family Courts Act,1984 Sc.19(2) viz. `no appeal lies against divorce order obtained by mutual consent' using RTI Act 2005 and send it to your client.

G.L.V.Ramana Murthy (Advocate)     08 January 2011

There will be no official and unofficial legal opinions. you want we can give you the legal opinions on payment of fee. the opinion contains the judgments of vaious courts where the judges made it as a rule of law.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query