LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

K Chatterjee   14 June 2015

Occupancy issue

I am an occupier of a land about 30 decimal, wherein i have a kachcha construction upon 7 decimal and rest is bounded by bamboo sticks, and having well etc., from last 30 years. Now the house need repairing. I do not have any registered deed in my name, neither my name has been recorded in Record of Rights. I can show only that I am residing in this place for last several years. I dont know who is/was the owner, as record is not available. Only I know the name in which Record of Right has been registered, and that man has also died in 2010, and he has no wife or children.
Now I want to know :-
(1) Is it possible to change the Record of Right in my name ?
(2) Can I get a permission from gram panchayat for construction of new building on this plot?
(3) What are the other remedy available to me ?
Please advice. 

Learning

3 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     14 June 2015

you can claim ownership over the land on adverse possession

Adv Akhtar Ali Sheikh (Property Law Consultant)     15 June 2015

You may stay there you can assign your right I.e. sell it to willing person but valid title will not be passed to him, you may not get permission to construct it but you may repair it. You can not acquire record of rights in your name finally as per law if there be legal heir to inherit land it goes to government so enjoy it your children may enjoy it you will not be chucked out but you won't get any benefit which is available with the land having clear title.

Adv Akhtar Ali Sheikh (Property Law Consultant)     15 June 2015

In the above answer please read if there be no legal heir.... Instead of if there be legal heir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register