Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Obtaining copy of judgement.

Hi,

My wife and me had filed a petition for divorce by mutual consent at her place, in Chennai high court. I am from Mumbai. The proceedings were handled entirely by her lawyer. The first hearing was in March, and the second hearing happened last week. I signed a letter authorizing her lawyer to collect and send my judgement copy and I came back to Mumbai. Now the lawyer is demanding a a hefty sum for sending the judgement copy to me, which was never discussed earlier. Do I need to comply to his demand? Can I obtain the judgement copy myself? I will appreciate any help.

-Anand.

Learning

4 Replies

kirankumar (Part time Employee/ student of BL)     14 October 2009

Dear Friend ,

i presume that you are well avare of the case no in which you have applied for Divorce, if so you can get copy of judgement through internet instead of Requestiong the lawyer on repeated times and also paying huge amount

You can get a Certified copy of the same through Right To Information Act

1 Like

Rajiv Chauhan (Advocate) (Advocate (Shimla) 7833999000)     06 February 2010

u can apply ur self also just u should have case no etc (details) of the case.

sanjay (--)     18 February 2010

hi rajeev,

where do we get judgement copies ?

do we need to pay for it ?

i need redevelopment hearing copy wherein the court has dismissed redevelopment in case any of the member dissents for redevelopment.

An article of this hearing was out in mumbai edition of TOI dated 10th Dec 2009.

https://epaper.timesofindia.com/Repository/ml.asp?Ref=VE9JTS8yMDA5LzEyLzEwI0FyMDAxMDI=&Mode=HTML&Locale=english-skin-custom

Select the date as 10th dec 2009 to have a look of this article.

Can you help me get this judgement copy ?

Regards,

Sanjay Kumar

Hardik Mehta (Family Counsellor)     19 February 2010

Sanjay,

Please visit https://judis.nic.in and select the Mumbai High Court. There you can search the judgements by giving some free texts. You will get the copy of the same on this site. You can downlaod the judgement which is valid. You dont have to pay anything.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register