LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prasad (senior consultant)     07 September 2016

Obtaining call records legally

Hello ..I would like to know how to obtain call records of a person legally from a service provider...Thanks in advance.

Learning

5 Replies

rajesh   07 September 2016

Hi Prasad,

Best legal way: File an application before the concerned Court to seek the Call Details Record (CDR) from the service provider. The nodal officer, who is a duty bound to provide the information legally on behalf of the company, would provide you the CDR information.

However, please be advised that the nodal officer may refuse you the information in absence of any satisfactory explanation for why you need that information, because you may misuse it.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     08 September 2016

The call record of any other subscriber will never be provided to any individual.  As per TRAI guidelines a subscriber can demand and get call record of his own, if the connection is in his name.

Police officials above the rank of Dy.Commissioner and through Court process only one can obtain such record.

Sachin Gulyani (Student)     08 September 2016

Dear Prasad,

Legally I dont know but there is one way out.

If it is a postpaid connection then it is the best.

Open the website of the service provider.  You will find the login panel into that website.  Keep all the things open in your laptop or pc.  If she is not registered for online login then follow the steps for registration. Keep all these things ready in advance.

Proceed till OTP.  Then try to get the phone of your wife for a minute.  You will receive password on that phone.  Insert it into the website login panel and you are done.

Don't forget to delete that sms and change the password after that.  You are done.  Now get all the details you want from that website.  

I tried this when I found something fishy into my wife's life.  I then ordered whole year call records into that panel and I got that in few minutes.  This thing is to be done earlier when she is with you and when you can manage her phone for a minute.

P. Venu (Advocate)     08 September 2016

The author has never mentioned the records sought pertain to the spouse!

Sachin Gulyani (Student)     10 September 2016

Sorry to address query related to spouse but the same applies to others too.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register