LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manjunath (SE)     24 January 2011

OBC certificate querie

I am student studying in bangalore. I belong to vokkaliga community, i want to apply for an OBC certifiate but the Central list on OBC for karnataka says Vokkaliga(Rural only.). Can any one say what exactly does this mean.

I was born in a rural area am i eligible for OBC certificate.

Please explain the exact requirement to get the certificate.

Learning

12 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     27 January 2011

The criterion for issue of OBC is whether  the individual falling in the list of communities belong to the crreamy layer . So you can apply for OBC if the monhrly income limit falls within the ceiling fixed for Karnataka.

1 Like

Manjunath (SE)     27 January 2011

I fall in non-creamy layer category, but when i approached the get the OBC certificate the officials said it is only for rural. Even they were not clear about that and denied me the certificate.

Can you please tell me what Rural Only means.

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     27 January 2011

No area restriction has been mentioned and only the name of the community has been mentioned with nos of state list and central list.You can get the OBC certificate if you belong to the community and below the creamy layer.

md irshad ali (student)     27 January 2011

sir, i am student of ap , my caste is bc-e (shaik) ! Do i have reservation in iit and aieee. I can take obc certificate or not . Please reply me soon. Thank u.

md irshad ali (student)     27 January 2011

sir, i am student of ap, my caste is bc-e, do i have any reservation in iit and aieee. And i come under obc or not please tell me. Thank you.

Chandrika M G (Advisor)     25 August 2011

Sir,

I am basically from General category married to a person from OBC. Can I obtain an OBC certificate? Kindly help.

md emam (owner)     14 November 2011

sir,

i am belongs to muslim community(BC-E)  in A.P,

can i apply OBC ?

plz reply me sir,,,

and

if have any obc certificate of any muslim's obc certificate,  plz forward mile   emam786@yahoo.com

thank you sir,, 

mahaboobbasha (S.A)     05 December 2011

Sir, I am the student of A.P.(Kurnool district)  and I have B.C-E certificate of ACHUKATLAVANDLU (S.No.1). I want to claim OBC certificate for central examinations. Because my sub-caste is listed in OBC as S.No.39 in central list of A.P. Please answer me that is it correct?

mahaboobbasha (S.A)     06 December 2011

Originally posted by :mahaboobbasha
"
Sir, I am the student of A.P.(Kurnool district)  and I have B.C-E certificate of ACHUKATLAVANDLU (S.No.1). I want to claim OBC certificate for central examinations. Because my sub-caste is listed in OBC as S.No.39 in central list of A.P. Please answer me that is it correct?
"

mastan (MSc)     19 December 2011

Hello Sir

i am mastan shaik, from krishna district. my father income is below 50000, i have one doubt, Am i eligible for BC-E? If i eligible, how do i get BC-E certificate and what is the process? please give me reply as soon as possible becase some jobs are already announced.

mastan (MSc)     22 December 2011

Hi Sir i am shaik haneef, from Kurnool district. my father income is below 30000,  Am i eligible for BC-E? If i eligible, how do i get BC-E certificate and what is the process? please give me reply as soon as possible. thanking you sir

Naveen SK (Engineer)     07 February 2012

Dear Sir,

My Father is class 2 officer in a state government and my mother is not working. According to the provisions  creamy layer in this case is based on the income/wealth test. Acoording to this wealth/income test it is mentioned that "if the salary income is more than 2.5 lakhs and if the agriculture income is more than 2.5 lakhs and if the income from other business is less than 2.5 then it will not come under the creamy layer" . So now my father's income is 4.6 lakhs ( which is ok as per above ) and  agriculture income is less than one lakh and we do not have any other income. So in this will I be eligible for the OBC certificate ?  Also at the end it is mentuioned that "his parent(s) should not possess wealth above the exemption limit as prescribed in the Wealth Tax Act for a period of three consecutive years." What is this wealth under the Wealth tax act ? Could you please calirify this for me ...

Thanks,

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register