LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suresh (Student)     21 March 2024

Obc certificate

I belong to OBC category both in Central list and State list. I had OBC certificate in central format only and was not eligible for OBC certificate in UT(J&K) format because my father's salary was above 08 lakhs. Since salary is not considered as income as per DoPT OM's so I was eligible for central OBC certificate but in our UT salary is considered as income therefore I was not eligible for OBC UT certificate. I applied for the post under UT government but gave central OBC certificate and the same was accepted(might be a slip made). However, I qualified the exam in open merit without taking age relaxation or any other kind of benefit. Now I have joined the service. But still it sometimes come in my mind as to whether this can be a substantial issue in the future.

Should I inform my department and ask them to treat me in general for the future or not?

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     21 March 2024

If you have applied under the OBC category claiming reservation then you can be held liable for the consequences for suppressing the facts material for the appointment

1 Like

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     22 March 2024

Since you did not claim / avail benefit of OBC catagory and joined service as a "general" candidate, there is no issue to involve caste, any certificate of caste, state or UT list. 

2 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     22 March 2024

Agreed with Dr Vashista

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register