Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

gdk (student)     17 November 2009

Nullification of marriage

Dear friends,

in nullification of marriage case, what is the time given to respondents to file the counter?

Learning

11 Replies

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005 email:adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com)     17 November 2009

Depends upon court. Normaly it is 90 days to file any reply in civil cases.

Regards

adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com

Anish goyal (Advocate)     17 November 2009

Agree with Kamal sir

gdk (student)     18 November 2009

one more doubt. 90 days from what? is it filing the case? because in my case i want to nullify my marriage because my husband is impotent by birth(physical impotent).

why that much time is given to those?

one more thing my lawyer is saying that i will come only in trials, not before.

so when trials will start? if i appear alone iam afraid that court definitely will ask about lawyer?

is my lawyer cheating me? or really there is no need for him to come for cases?

also want to know what is trial in dvc case, nullification of marriage case?

Rose ( )     19 November 2009

Sir,

pl clarify what is the difference btw nullification of marriage and divorce..

i had a terrible arranged marriage which could not last for 2 months. now we are waiting to complete 1 yr period so that we can file mutual divorce.. can i go for nullification of marriage??

what are the grounds for this how is it different from divorce?

Hardik Mehta (Family Counsellor)     24 November 2009

Rose,

You can go for the nullification of marriage if the marriage is not consumated. Otherwise you need to wait for 1 year to file the Mutual Consent Divorce. If you are Hindu then you (girl) can also file the divorce on the grounds of cruelty before completion of 1 year of marriage.

Hardik Mehta (Family Counsellor)     24 November 2009

GDK,

90 days is after filing the nullity petition and the summons are served to opposite party. If you want to file the nullity on the grounds of impotency, then you have to do it before the completion of 1 year of marriage.

The trial starts on the date when the petition is filed. He need to be present while filing the petition.

gdk (student)     25 November 2009

you can go for nullifying of marriage after 1 year of marriage also because time-limit is prescribed for sec.12(c) & 12(d).

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     28 November 2009

What marriage?

Wife with two husbands!

Radha Sharma, TNN 17 October 2006, 12:39am IST

Text Size:

|

AHMEDABAD: If you thought a man living happily under the same roof with two wives was unconventional, how about a woman with two husbands, who 

not only live together but root for each other. 

Lawyer Asha Thaker, who practises in the family court, was recently taken by surprise when she was consulted by a woman and her two husbands, who wanted to know what legal recourse they could take to protect the financial interests of their wife without running into any legal hassle.

The 48-year-old woman lives in upmarket Satellite with her 55-year-old first husband, who has taken retirement from service, and a 54-year-old second husband, who is a government employee.

The woman has two sons from the first marriage, while the second husband also has two children. All married. "It was interesting to note the harmony between the three. I am so used to seeing two women squabble over one man that it was a departure seeing how amiable the two men were with each other," says Thaker.

Apparently, the second husband has property worth Rs 25 lakh and he wanted to have part of it in the name of the woman to ensure that she is financially secure.

"I suggested that the woman divorce the first husband on paper and legally wed the second husband. The woman, however, categorically refused saying that she loved both equally. In fact, the first husband too rejected this option," saysThaker. Unusual as this case may be, it is not the only one of its kind. Social activist Harshad Patel says that Ahmedabad better get used to unconventional relationships.

"In Khokhra, there is a threesome of a municipal school teacher, his 45-year-old wife and a youngster in his early 20s. The husband pays for all the household expenses and even the neighbours do not seem to be bothered much," says Patel.

aruntrivedi (lawyer)     28 November 2009

ineresting

Hardik Mehta (Family Counsellor)     30 November 2009

Anil,

Some of these things are even common in villages of UP and Bihar. I have heard that the wife is married to 4 brothers so that the land is between the family and not distibuted. The other brothers than do not marry anyone else and this wife bores the childrens from all the brothers.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     30 November 2009

Married or living with many men and women?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register