LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ram   08 December 2017

Nri power of attorney while in india

Hello, I am an NRI and currently in India for vacation. I have decided to buy a property now but due to loan processing, registration gets delayed and it's time for me to return to my abroad country. Everything will be finalized in next couple of weeks and ready for registration. As I cannot be here for registration in person, can I give the power of attorney to my father to complete the registration on my behalf. Loan is on my name and hence property needs to be registered on my name or on my behalf. Can we just visit registrar office and execute POA to my father for that specific property? Will that be enough to complete the transaction? Can NRI give POA while in India? Please advise.


 1 Replies

Majeed KM (Lawyer)     11 December 2017

Dear Mr.Ram,

Noted your query about the power of attorney and would like to inform you that you can complete the transaction with the support of the POA. You have to prepare the specific power of attnrey with the details of the property such as survey number, name of village district etc. and the acts to be done by your agent ( here the father). in the stamp paper ( Rs.100/-) and register before the Registrars office if you are in India at this time. On the other hand if you are abroad you have to go to the Indian Emabssey and attest the POA. 

If you need furhter details please do not hesitate to contact me.




Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register