Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NRI power of attorney for buying property in India

Page no : 2

Riju (Asst.Manager)     07 December 2012

I have similar case, Prepared POA in A4 paper and attested from Indian Embassy Oman.  But sub registrar Cheruppa,Kozhikode has refused to register , They said this POA has to be prepared in bond paper which has the value of Rs 300/- to register.

Please can you advise ,  What should I do now.

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     07 December 2012

Hi Riju, The problem in India is that when any Govt. Official refuses anything then there is nothing one can do to tame him and so is the case with you. There is nothing specific that it should be in bond paper but apathy in India is that when a Govt. officer says something then it becomes the law. But the problem is that from where you would get the bond paper in Oman? Thanks god that he did not demand the revnue stamp but now your earlier POA would get wasted and you have to re-process it by sending the bond paper through the junk mail, otherwise there is no remedy.

Regards

Hiralal Chawla (Marketing Manager)     26 February 2013

Notarisation is required only when the concerned person is not able to go in-person to Embassy Office for registration or endorsement. Also notarization process requires two witnesses who will confirm the person by signing the Power of Attorney in front of public notary. After it is signed before the notary, the concerned document can be couriered to the cousulate office or Embassy office for endorsement by paying requisite fees. Once they are endorsed, the consulate or embassy couriers the document to the concerned person. I hope the procedure is clear to understand and follow for any person who cannot go in-person to Embassy Office or Consulate Office due to any reason.

P. Jaiyalakshmi ( _)     28 May 2013

Sir,

A, Principal is staying in Canada, wants to purchase flat in Hyderabad. A's only daughter, B also lives in Canada. A wants to execute a POA in favour of her daughter, B. Shall B, daughter purchase a stamp paper for Power Of Attorney in  Hyderabad or in Canada? What is format for Power Of Attorney  and also the procedure for purchasing the flat by the Agent in Canada?

I would thank you in advance in anticipation of the same.

P. Jaiyalakshmi

P U Bhaskara Rao (Managing Director)     18 October 2013

Sir, 

My son in USA now is going to purchase industrial site at hyderabad and took loan from central Bank of India, Now need to take GPA from my son what is the procedure and format of GPA?

THANGADURAI (Proprietor)     25 May 2014

The NRI power of attorney typed in required stamp paper and endorsed at Indian Embassy need not be registered in India again. I have already got it and using it. If it is prepared on plain paper it should be registered here with the sub-registrar of the jurisdiction.

Shenoi (Owner)     28 June 2014

An NRI can own both residential as well as commercial properties in India and there is no restriction on the number of properties he/she can buy.

Visit this ( https://www.wecareinvest.com/ )website to find best properties in India.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register