LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shikha Gujral (Anonymous)     14 June 2013

Nri husband cheated on me. suggest remedies.

Dear Members

I am an Indian Girl. I got married to a NRI last year. We met each other through a matrimonial advertisement in news paper.

After Marriage we had spend some months togather here in India. Life was so good till my husband was here in India. But since he left India for his country his behaviour totally changed. He is now putting some bl**dy, false blames on me which doesn't make any sense. He had very cleverly got back my Visa file (in which he sponsored me as her spouse for Visa). Luckily I have a zerox copy of that file. He is now threatening me and my maternal family all through the day n night on phone through messages and phone calls. Her sisters are also sending me voilent messages. One of her sister lives with him in foreign country and the other one is here in India.

Indian sister and my mother-in-law is the mastermind of all this game. They litteraly provoke my husband against me and then he used to torture me. Right now I am living in my maternal home with my parents since I had a word war with my sister-in-law and mother-in-law. After that fight I move to my maternal home.

My foreigner sister-in-law had demanded dowry from my father on phone when he visited my in-laws house to meet me.

My husband had made it clear that neither he'll come to India nor he will take me to his country. He is forcing me to do a Job here in India and give all the money to him. Since our marriage he had not given any money to me for my daily usual expenditure.

We had made numerous attempts to solve the matter without going into the courts by involving family members, relatives and friends of both the families but all attempts had gone wasted.

Right now my life is really stressfull, u guys are Law Expert, I beg to you please suggest me the remedies so that I can fight for my dignity and teach my in-laws a lesson.

Your Help will be Quite Appreciable.

Thanks in Advance.


 8 Replies

Advocate Deepak Gupta (Lawyer)     14 June 2013

As per law you are having right to claim mainteance under section 125 of the Cr.P.C and also in Domestic Voilence Act . Also right to claim stridhan under section 406 of the IPC . If any demand for dowry you also file 498A  case against them.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     14 June 2013

agree with expert above. Such laws are made for help of women like you.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     14 June 2013

first file for maintenance from your husband in the court near your house from a well know advocate 

enquire from your firends and relatives about lawyer

and about torture means it is very simple to complain under 498a and all will be under bars but think twice before going through 498a 

and if possible before all this process first take all your streedhan amount and valubles from your in laws house then fight 

RAHUL KANSAL 9041629676 (ADVOCATE)     15 June 2013

helloo shikha ,

                         i think you have another better and effective ways in this matter for proper advise contact me and my number is here but i want to inform you agere i willl charge for my advise.

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     16 June 2013

what prompted you to marry an NRI?Dint your parents have any contacts who cud suggest you a match in a known family?


dont you know that most NRIs are famous for dumping their wives in india for the pettiest of reasons?and indian laws have no power to summon an NRI husband?even if u file DV case,he may/may not come to india.and even if the courts are able to issue any waarants on him,that will be a long,tedious process.


i am not trying to scare you,bt this is the reality of indian legal system.

it was better to find a guy in india from ur town and marry him.


or if u were so interested to live abroad,u cud have found a job there,and then find a guy from US.


Now you take the help of ur contacts to take the help of a very highly experienced,and kind hearted honest lawyer.please go to such a lawyer only who's highly recommended by ur known people,instead of finding him on net.


PS-I also gone thru all this after marrying an NRI.I found a lawyer on a site(not LCI)and he also duped me of my money.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 June 2013

you have rights but as suggested by expert above remedy chances are slim

Shikha Gujral (Anonymous)     18 June 2013

@ Adv Deepak Gupta:- Thanks for ur kind advice, but sir another expert had said that I should bring back my Stridhan before going to the court. Should I do so or I need to apply for it in the court.

Honestly saying my husband is blaming that I am greedy for money, if Iwill take those Stridhan then he can easily prove the allegation of being GREEDY on me.

Thanks Mr. Sudhir Kumar & K Mahesh

Advocate Deepak Gupta (Lawyer)     18 June 2013

Send notice to return stridhan , if fail move application in court under DV Act . Allegation , couter -allegation is part of it , so dont worry about it . Stridhan never define " Greedy " . Its women right mentioned in law.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register