LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

HUSBAND UAE (Business)     14 December 2021

Nri divorce assistance

We are Indian couple staying in UAE. I caught my husband having an affair with married lady when i had given birth to my first kid 5 years back. After knowing i attempted suicide, and later my husband promised he will cut of the relationship and by loyal. In aug 2021 i discovered he is having affair with 2nd married women(may be getting divorced). This time i was with my 2nd kind in my womb and had to be rushed to hospital due to the shock luckily nothing happened. Few days back in dec. after my 2nd delivery he slapped me during argument to which i went to police along with my friends and police gave him warning and left. My inlaws knows this but they blame me that i dont keep him happy and hence he is gng out for other ladies and i doubt a lot on him. I also came to know the 1st affair lady he was in contact and used to meet throught till this year. And now he has stopped talking to her as he has got 2nd women. I didnt take any severe action as i am worried about my both kids maintenance and i stay in UAE. I dont do any job and completely dependent on him for money, visa etc. Laws here are completely different i dont have even money to take legal advice here. If i return back to india i know he will not return india and has enough salary to sponsor his parents so they too dont need to return india and i will be stuck with two kids and no job in india. To even fight legal case in india i dont have money. Please guide me on what i need to do here before leaving UAE if forced to so that once i reach back to my parents in india and i put legal case against him he is forced to respond and return to india. And he provides for my kids till they become adult.

Learning

2 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     14 December 2021

Hello,

You can claim maintenance for yourself and for your kids from India. You may also take legal action against him in UAE for maintenance etc. Bigamy is also a ground for divorce. 

I will suggest you to first try to resolve the dispute by involving elder family members from both the sides. 

Aryan Raj   14 December 2021

In response to your query,

Dear ma'am first of all I am really sorry that you have to take such drastic steps in your marriage, When you come back to India you always have the option of filing for a divorce as adultery is a strong ground for divorce in India and you can also get the maintenance for yourself and your children as your husband is the one who is cheating on you. And don't worry your husband will have to show up at the court or else there will be a warrant issued for him which will eventually force him to come to India.

And before that I would suggest you to visit any local NGO in UAE who work for women's rights or you can visit other NGOs which are established with the help of Indian government especially to work for cases of people facing problems related to NRI marriages and divorce cases they will surely help you out and guide in the rights direction.

Regards,

Aryan Raj 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More