LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

UPESDehradun (Law )     22 October 2010

Now in India UPES Brings B.Tech+LLB Integrated

Two unique programs are being introduced for the first time in India by University of Petroleum & Energy Studies:

i) B.Tech. Energy Technology + LLB with specialization in Intellectual Property Rights

ii) B. Tech. Computer Science + LLB with specialization in Cyber Laws.

These programs are the first their own kind programs in South Asia. Both these programs are approved by the Bar Council of India under its new rules of integrated programs and offer young students the opportunity to earn both degrees – engineering and a law degree in 6 years flat.

Programs Highlights:

B.Tech. Energy Technology + LLB with specialization in Intellectual Property Rights:

This Program provides a comprehensive understanding of the dynamically evolving techno-legal issues in the science and technology sectors. With companies dedicating large resources to research and development, the demand for protecting intellectual property rights has risen dramatically and is believed to increase further. The program equips the students to handle complex techno-issues in the energy and allied sectors.

Career Options:

• Law Officers
  • Managers- Law Division
  • Advocates
  • Intellectual Property Agents
  • Legal Advisors/ Consultants 

B. Tech. Computer Science + LLB with specialization in Cyber Laws:

With global digitization and spreading of information network far and wide , the cyber world has seen a propensity of new age contracts and a slow bur sure pervasion of cyber crimes. The program provides a unique amalgam of computer science knowledge and laws pertaining to cyber laws.

Career Options:

• Law Officers
  • Managers- Law Division
  • Advocates
  • Cyber Inspector
  • Legal Advisors/ Consultants  

Learning

3 Replies

HANUMANT DESHMUKH (Activist)     23 October 2010

I totally don't understand the logic behind integrating LLB with any other undergrad degree. LLB is an entirely different field and people from all fields can and should be able come into this field only if they are interested. How can two degrees that require 7 years (or 6 yrs for BA-LLB) to complete separately, can be taught in 6 (or 5) years if done together? It makes no sense. The passing student will be a half baked Engineer as well as a half baked Lawyer.

If it is really possible to teach Engineering and LLB together in 6 years, why waste other pure Engineering or pure LLB students time? Let them finish pure Engineering in 3.5 or pure LLB in 2.5 yrs.

https://hanumant.com

UPESDehradun (Law )     23 November 2010

Both the B.Tech. LLB programs being offered for the first time in India by UPES, have been developed to match the emerging talent requirements of the Indian economy as it integrates into the global mainstream and adopts global business practices. 

Intellectual property will be a critical consideration as new technologies and processes are brought by global players into India or for that matter, invented in India and deployed within India and abroad. 
The B.Tech. Energy Technology +LLB program with emphasis on Intellectual Property Rights will develop a special class of professionals who have a good understanding of technology as well as legal aspects of protecting ownership of technology in the Energy domain. 

Along the same lines the B.Tech. Computer Science + LLB program with emphasis on Cyber Laws is meant for professionals who are aware of the threat posed by cyber crime in an economy where business information transactions in all sectors are rapidly going online. This increases the vulnerability of corporates to cyber crime manifold. Thus creating requirement for professionals who have a balanced understanding of both – technology and law – to be able to safeguard corporate interests. Needless to say that the career options with these degrees are expected to have a multinational scope.

Ankit (Software Developer)     25 July 2012

I have completed my B.tech in Computer Science this year(4 years). Now I want to go for LLB in Cyber Law. Can I do LLB in Cyber law from different Collage. If it is possible, then plz provide me names of the Collages from where I can do LLB in Cyber Law and if not then why ?. 

Note - I have already completed my B.tech and my collage doesn't provides Education for LLB.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register