LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

laxman (contract job)     01 July 2012

Notices from employer after resignation

Sir, I joined as directly recruited officer in a nationalised bank and worked for 2.5 years . Recently I resigned on 02-03-2012 to the bank and requested them to relieve me by taking 3 months gross salary instead of 3 months notice as my parents health condition was not proper at that time and I informed the same to my management in my letters. In reply to that they given me several letters  to continue in service till my resignation accepted. So I left the Bank on 12-03-2012 and informed them regarding my unavoidable situation once again to them. After one month they sent a letter to me to join duty immediately and that my absence from dutiestill now will be considered as unauthorised absence and will take proper action againest me .They sent 4 letters in previous 3 months and I replied the same regarding by explaining my situation with my family health. Please advise me in this situation what are the steps to be taken inorder to get my resignation get accepeted, and how to reply for their letters continuosly they are sending.

thanking you sir,

yours faithfully

LAXMAN.

Learning

3 Replies

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     01 July 2012

the terms and conditions as contained in the agreement at the time of acceptance of job are relevant.

neither the bank can go beyond those terms and conditions nor can they harass you illegally.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 July 2012

Mr. Kiran Kumar has given valuable advice. Kindly follow it. Bank has not accepted your resignation and has declared that you are absent and your absence is unauthorized. The letters received by you may be notice. Bank is completing the process to terminate despite resignation. You could have applied and obtained sanction for leave till the receipt of bank’s decision on your resignation.

You may get in touch with bank line management, HR, Chairman and succeed in getting the resignation accepted. If required you may enclose the medical certificate issued by doctor treating your parents. If the bank issued order of termination you shall have to approach courts of law.

As per policies/service rules of the bank it may even block your terminal benefits. Therefore show your appointment letter and service rules to a competent and experienced lawyer and proceed as suitable to you and act as per the advice of your lawyer.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     01 July 2012

Turning in your resignation isn't always easy. Even if you hate your job, hate your boss and can't wait to start that new job; even if you are about to be fired, it can be difficult to resign tactfully.

First of all, be sure that you really do want to quit. Then, handle your resignation as carefully as you would handle any other business endeavor. It's always wise to not burn bridges. You never know when you will need your past employers for a reference

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register