Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashish (MANAGER)     07 October 2014

Notice unready stage

dear experts,

I filed for divorce on 18th July, 2014 since my wife deserted me a year back and also made false allegations for domestic violence and dowry against me and my parents, I replied her on top of her allegations sometime in mid May-14 and asked her to prove all her baseless allegations at the same time I requested her to come back... ready to forget all differences happened in the past but she doesn't seem to be interested to cotinue the scared relationship of marriage, finally after waiting for her I filed for divorce on 18th July 2014  the first hearing was scheduled today on 7h October 2014 but my petition was in noticce unready stage.

When my name was called by judge I was there but my wife was not there, I marked my presence by putting my attendance in the file kept by clerk...I aked the clerk about the status she said that my wife hasn't even submitted her reply in court..the judge after calling my name gave 17th November 2014 as the next date of hearing..I want to know did the court notice reached her asking her to be present in court also what is the meaning of Notice Unready and how much time it takes to be in Notice ready stage..Pls guide








 3 Replies

Rahul Kapoor (Legal Enthusiast)     07 October 2014


Have u submitted the required fees for sending summons.

court must send summon along with petition to other party and they must file their WS.

Ashish (MANAGER)     08 October 2014

thanks rahul...but what is this fees exactly called in legal terms..I will need to check this out from the adminstrative helpdesk of the court..I am not even sure if the summons have reached my wife...can u give me a idea...if not paid how should one pay this there any application for the same time what is the court fees for sending summons and is it a one time fee?  also advise.. how much time it normally takes for court to send the summons after filing of case..pls advise..thanks ashish 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     12 October 2014

Firstly, have you engaged an advocate to conduct your case, if yes, did you clarify the issue from him, if not, contact him and clarify the issue, he will be the better person to explain you the status as per the circumstance of the case.  In my opinion, the notice sent to her has not been confirmed receipt hence the court has adjourned the mater to another day awaiting confirmation of service of summon/notice to her.  If you are not able to contact your advocate, you may enquire this issue from the concerned court office itself by personally visiting it on any working day.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query