Notice u/s 143(1) of it

Chief Engineer ( Retired )

In my on line return filed for AY 2015-16 I claimed Rs 35348/ as rebate in Income tax by splitting the 6th pay Commission Arrears for FY 2007-08 & 2008-09 received in Fy 2014-15 U/S 89.But the CPC Banglore issued me notice U/S 143(1) asking me to deposit the Rs 35348/ as they did not accept my claim U/S 89 of splitting the arrears.Was I incorrect U/S 89 by splitting the the arrears as explained above?If not what action should I take for remedy of this action of IT Dept. Thanks & Regards Krishna Kant
Income Tax Advocate

You have to file an application u/s 154 for rectification of mistake apperant from record.  It is quite possible that you have not filled all the details in the ITR for claiming exemption u/s 89.



You may consult your auditor or a local tax consultant to solve this issue properly.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x