IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Guest (n/a)     09 July 2009

Notice to tenant


Can I have a model legal notice seeking the tenant to quit for non payment of rent?



 2 Replies

yedhash (n/a)     09 July 2009

Name and Address of Advocate/ Law firm





REF; Quit notice


Dear Sir,


I have been instructed by my client Mr. ABC, aged about ___ years, and resident of_________ to issue a following notice to you.

You are aware that you are a building tenant under my client in respect of door/Flat No. 966   on a monthly rent of Rs. ________ (Rupees ________thousand only) since last about years. You have also executed a lease deed infavour of my client at the time of occupation in the premises. It is instructed by my client that you are a chronic defaulter in the payment of rent to my client and the rent since last 2 years still remained not paid by you.


Therefore you are hereby called upon to pay my client, the entire arrears of rent above said and also to vacate the premises and surrender same to my client immediately after expiry of 15 days of the receipt of this notice by you. Failing which my client will file a suit for possession against you in respect of the above premises and please note that in such event you shall be liable for all costs and consequences of this notice.


The cost of this notice is Rs.______ (Rupees _______thousand only)




Yours faithfully


Advocate Name and signature 

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     10 July 2009

make sure all the facts are mentioned specifically.

e.g. the date from which the rent has yet not been paid.


whether any rent deed was executed or not?


simply mention appropriate legal action will be taken against u.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query