LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

krishky LOBO   10 January 2022

Notice period for resolutions in apartment's agm

What is the notice period required for a resolution to be taken up in the ensuing AGM of the apartment society? Is this notice to be in writing, and sent to all the flat members and how many days before the AGM? 

Learning

5 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     10 January 2022

The AGM of the society cannot be convened unless a notice of 14 days is given to the members. While computing the 14 days, the date on which the notice is issued and the date of the meeting shall be excluded.

krishky LOBO   10 January 2022

Thanks, AGM its OK. I wanted to know what is the notice period for any Resolution to be taken up in the AGM? Is it the responsibility of the Management Committee to send drafts of the Resolution to all the owners and if yes how many days before the AGM 

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     10 January 2022

For Extraordinary General Body Meeting, the notice period can be waived. 

But in normal circumstances, at leat 14 days to be given.

Aarushi   11 January 2022

Dear user,

The committee has to finalize the minute details within 3 months of the date of the meeting and has to circulate this draft within 15 days prior to the meeting. If any observations are made by the members, the committee has to take that up in their draft. Any resolution which has been previously cancelled cannot be brought up in another after until 6 months has elapsed on the cancellation of the previous resolution.

I hope I was able to solve your query. Please feel free to leave follow up questions if any.

1 Like

krishky LOBO   12 January 2022

Yes Thanks Aarushi. So the notice period required for a resolution to be taken up in the ensuing AGM of the apartment society is 15 days rt? Thanks 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register