LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bemore_it6 (programmer)     31 March 2011

Notice Period Buyout amount denial from Employer

I had worked for IT pVT Ltd for 1 year 11 months .

Its written in compnays Offer and Appointment letter that '2 months notice period to be served while leaving the organization'.

Meanwhile I got offer from another company ,but they wanted an immediate joining and were ready to buyout my notice period.The condition was I would pay buyout amount first to my current company and then they will re-imburse that amount to me with my first month's salary.

When I gave Resignation and gave 5 days notice period ,then current organization asked me to pay 2 months salary in shortfall of notice period.

I paid money and got releiving letter from them,but on first day of joining in new company  I came to know that new company is moving to another location by the end of the month ,this they dint told me in interview or after selection.

The new location was too far for me to travel .So I decided not to accpet the offer.

Then with a gap of just one day after my releiving I came to my old organization and told them that I m not accepting new offer so allow me to serve notice period of 2 months to recover my paid money ,but they are not allowing it .

But it was not written in agreement that 'in the lieu of notice period 2 months slary has to be deposited' still they unnecessarily pressurised me to pay money .

So what legal options do I have to recover my money???

Learning

2 Replies

Bemore_it6 (programmer)     01 April 2011

please help me with this matter....

adv.Gajanan (law officer)     01 April 2011

DEAR SIR,

YOU ALREDY TOOK YOUR RELEIVING LETTER BY PAYING TWO MONTHS SALARY TO YOUR ORGANISATION.IT CLEARS THAT YOU ARE NOT EMPLOYEE OF THIS ORGANISATION.NOW U TOLD ABOUT THE AGREEMENT BUT BEFORE GETING RELEIVING LETTER YOUR QUTN IS RIGHT BUT NOW IT DONT HAVE ANY MEANING BEACUSE YOUR SERVICES ARE COMPLETED AND YOU ARE NOT EMPLOYEE OF THIS ORGANISATION.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register