Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Naraine_nanu (Sofware Engineer)     22 January 2013

Notice period buyout

Hi,

I am working in a private company which I had 2 years of bond which I completed already.Now I got new offers and I want to resign.I am already confirmed and I want to get relieved within one month.What should I now?

This is what mentioned in my offer letter:

"During the period of probation either party may terminate the employment by giving 1 month of notice period.After confirmation,such termination can only be giving three months notice or salary in lieu thereof"

Cheers.

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 January 2013

You have served the company for the period mentioned in bond.

Your services are confirmed. The notice period is 3 months as in your appointment letter.

You can tender notice of resignation/notice pay in lieu of notice period for the period of shortfall in notice period.

You may mention the notice period/effective date of resignation/last day in office in your notice of resignation addressed to god offices of your appointing authority, MD {send thru redg. post under acknowledgment} and affirm that notice pay in lieu of shortfall in notice as per clause number….in appointment letter dated…..issued to you, may be adjusted in FNF statement and request to supply you acknowledgment of notice of resignation immediately and advice you to whom you should handover the charge and company property and designated official may be advised to supply you the acknowledgment on the spot.

Be skillful to obtain reply in writing, and record {audio/visual. Keep witness.} if you are coerced/forced.

You may proceed as per reply of the company.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 January 2013

Kindly look into the language of the service agreement/bond as well, and check clauses covering notice period, non disclosure, non compete etc.

Manish Kumar (General Counsel and Company Secretary)     28 January 2013

Hi! Your employment contract is very clear. You tender your resignation and either serve three months notice or pay salary in lieu therof in of notice period. Please check salry shall mean your basic pay.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register