LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nikhil Daiya   25 April 2020

notice from an advocate regarding bounced cheque

my father had taken a loan from a person of rupees 140000 rupees from someone for two years
while giving the loan he said that we will do paper work for the first year now with filled cheque of my father and the second year's paperwork will be done next year .
now one year is completed and even the previous cheque has been expired so he wisely or better to say by cheating took another undated cheque of the same amount from my father assuring that it will be used only for paper work purpose but on the place of doing paper work he put date on that cheque and deposited it into the bank and the cheque was bounced as the account didn't have sufficient balance
so today he has sent a legal notice through a registered lawyer mentioning that we will have to return his money plus the fee he has paid for the notice within 15 days otherwise he will put a case on us

can somebody give me advice that what we need to do to get out of it cause we are extremely poor and don't have even a single penny to give him right now ??

Learning

4 Replies

Shashi Dhara   25 April 2020

Give reply notice if not stay out of station and evade proceedings or .engage advocates and defend.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     25 April 2020

If a borrower dies before paying off his loan, the lender has the right to recover his dues from the assets left behind by the deceased

P. Venu (Advocate)     25 April 2020

What is the response from your father? Has he returned the amount of loan? What is the amount involved in the bounced cheque?

P. Venu (Advocate)     25 April 2020

What is the response from your father? Has he returned the amount of loan? What is the amount involved in the bounced cheque?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register