Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanjeev pawar (service)     03 July 2012

Notice by lawyer from wifes side threatening dv and 498

dear members,

kindly advice on this situation, i have received a notice from a lawyer representing my wife who is at present not residing with me, the lawyer on his letter head has put all false allegations on me and my family members and and has asked to pay rs 10000 as monthly maintainence to my wife, else take her with me to my residence, or face the prospects of DV act and 498, as he has alleged that we have asked for dowry and tortured my wife. i had taken my wife to the womens cell my self for conselling prior to her leaving my house, her she never mentioned that my parents or me were torturing her for dowry, before that, she had left my house on her own, and i had lodged a missing complaint with the police, here too the police took her statement, even here she did not mention that there was any harrasment from me or my family members, on the contrary she stated that she had left on her own will after a minor argument with the husband and i dont have any complaints against any one in this regard. she left my rented residence where we were staying together. first she stopped me from entering the house, i complained this to the womens cell, the cell summoned her, but she never turned up, then suddenly one fine day she turned up at the cell and gave a contrary statement that it was me who had stopped coming to the house and left the house, and not her who stopped me from coming to the house.

dear members, with the above statements already given to the police twice, does this  notice, whiich is served by her lawyer threatening me and my family in dv and 498 cases have any wieightage, as she has given the two statements to the police herself, once when she left my house and second, when i took her to the womens cell. i am now filling for a divorce case on grounds of mental cruelty. pls advice

Learning

2 Replies

MADURAI LAWYER (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     06 July 2012

Dear Sir,

You will have to reply to the legal notice sent to you on behalf of your wife denying all the false allegations levelled against you. 

For any clarification, you can speak to me on 9842197857.

https://www.jeevaganadvocate.com/contact.php

Never Give Up (Fighter)     06 July 2012

Obtain all her previous statement on missing complaint and CAW counselling via means of Right to Information Application.

This would help you for future court fights (if any happens).

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register